Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThe creation of the Ecomic and Monetary Union (EMU) has accelerated the harmonization process of regulation and governance in Europe. However, the integration of fragmented retail banking markets still represents a difficult task for regulators. This book investigates the role of EU policy in creating a single market, addressing explicitly questions on the choice of policy measures to overcome barriers to integration persistent in these markets. Based on an analysis of different regulatory theories, the author develops a conceptual framework and illustrates its applicability to the case of the Single Euro Payments Area (SEPA) initiative. The fact that a single market has t yet evolved is less a sign of market or coordination failures than of government failures. The author concludes that, despite the political resistance from national interest groups, regulatory barriers need to be removed first to provide a level playing field for banks and a safe legal environment for consumers.
- Author BiographyMatthaus Sielecki has worked for a large German bank as an analyst and manager on various international strategy, reorganization and post-merger integration projects. He has carried out several management roles in the commercial banking business and developed a broad expertise in the fields of payments and EU regulation. Besides his career in banking, he pursued and received the Doctor of Economics from the European Business School (EBS) at Oestrich-Winkel in Germany.
- Author(s)Matthaeus Markus Sielecki
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication13/05/2011
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Series TitleCorporate Finance and Governance
- Series Part/Volume Number5
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published2011
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Content Note99, tables and graphs
- Weight520 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.