All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSocial entrepreneurship is a growing area, and we frequently hear of new ventures committed to social change. In academia, however, social entrepreneurship has typically been taught as a 'version' of entrepreneurship, igring the unique structure, challenges and goals of the social venture. In their new book, Coleman and Kariv draw on the latest theory and research to provide boundaries to the definition of social entrepreneurship, discussing both what it is, and what it is t. The book answers several key questions: * Who are social entrepreneurs? * What is the process for identifying and solving a social need? * What are the differences between for-profit and t-for-profit social ventures? * What is the role of invation? * How do we develop high performing firms? * How do we measure success? The focus on context allows students to appreciate how social entrepreneurship develops and operates in different countries and cultures, lending a global perspective to the book. Combined with rich pedagogy and a companion website, it provides students with all the learning tools they need to grasp this important subject.
- Author BiographySusan Coleman is professor of finance at the University of Hartford, USA. She teaches entrepreneurial finance, corporate finance, and international business. Dafna Kariv is a senior lecturer, researcher, and director of the TempusBiz project and Young Entrepreneurs at the College of Management Academic Studies, Israel. She is also a member of the Chair of Entrepreneurship at HEC Montreal, Canada.
- Author(s)Dafna Kariv,Susan Coleman
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication26/10/2015
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Content Note48 black & white illustrations, 17 black & white tables, 48 black & white line drawings
- Weight589 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.53Trending at AU $27.94
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.