Creative Arts and Play Therapy for Attachment Problems by Guilford Publications (Paperback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $43.84+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $32.00+ postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by thebooksaver
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
About this product
- DescriptionThis book vividly shows how creative arts and play therapy can help children recover from experiences of disrupted or insecure attachment. Leading practitioners explore the impact of early relationship difficulties on children's emotions and behavior. Rich case material brings to life a range of therapeutic approaches that utilize art, music, movement, drama, creative writing, and play. The volume covers ways to address attachment issues with individuals of different ages, as well as their caregivers. Chapters clearly explain the various techniques and present applications for specific populations, including complex trauma survivors.
- Author BiographyCathy A. Malchiodi, PhD, ATR-BC, LPAT, LPCC, REAT, is an art therapist, creative arts therapist, and clinical mental health counselor, as well as a recognized authority on art therapy with children, adults, and families. She has given more than 350 presentations on art therapy and has published numerous articles, chapters, and books, including Understanding Children's Drawings; Handbook of Art Therapy, Second Edition. A faculty member at Lesley University, Dr. Malchiodi is founder of the Trauma-Informed Practices and Expressive Arts Therapy Institute and President of Art Therapy Without Borders. She is the first person to have received all three of the American Art Therapy Association's highest honors: Distinguished Service Award, Clinician Award, and Honorary Life Member Award. She has also received honors from the Kennedy Center and Very Special Arts in Washington, DC. She is coeditor (with David A. Crenshaw) of Guilford's new Creative Arts and Play Therapy series. David A. Crenshaw, PhD, ABPP, RPT-S, is Clinical Director of the Children's Home of Poughkeepsie, New York, and Faculty Associate at Johns Hopkins University. He is a Fellow of the American Psychological Association and of its Division of Child and Adolescent Psychology. Dr. Crenshaw is Past President of the Hudson Valley Psychological Association, which honored him with its Lifetime Achievement Award, and of the New York Association for Play Therapy. He serves on the editorial board of the International Journal of Play Therapy and has published numerous journal articles, book chapters, and books on child therapy, child abuse and trauma, and resilience in children. He is a frequent presenter at statewide and national conferences on play therapy. He is coeditor (with Cathy A. Malchiodi) of Guilford's new Creative Arts and Play Therapy series.
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication12/09/2015
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Series TitleCreative Arts and Play Therapy
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Weight466 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byCathy A. Malchiodi,David A. Crenshaw
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.