All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUsing drama in the classroom is an effective way of supporting a child's social and emotional development. This book offers a wide variety of drama activities designed to provide children with a creative outlet to overcome emotional and behavioural problems. Exploring the various challenges children can face at home such as parental separation, divorce and bereavement, this book explains how they can manifest in a child's behaviour at school. It describes how drama can provide appropriate avenues for confronting and dealing with these issues and suggests a wealth of captivating and practical drama-based games and exercises that will support the child's needs and promote growth. This clear and accessible book will be an invaluable resource for teachers, teaching assistants, youth and social workers, counsellors, arts therapists and educational psychologists.
- Author BiographyPenny McFarlane worked as a teacher in primary and secondary education for over fifteen years before obtaining her Diploma in Drama Therapy from Exeter University. She founded a creative arts in therapy project in inner city schools and has subsequently worked as a drama therapist and supervisor on a multi-agency support team. She co-founded a children's bereavement charity and has worked extensively in the field of divorce and separation and its effect on children. Penny is also co-author of Dramatherapy and Family Therapy in Education: Essential Pieces of the Multi-Agency Jigsaw. She lives in Devon where she is a practising drama therapist in primary and secondary schools.
- Author(s)Penny McFarlane
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication15/05/2012
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Note26 line drawings
- Weight244 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Foreword bySylvia Wheadon
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $78.84Trending at AU $111.00
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $40.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.96
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.41
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.98
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.29
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.