All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.06
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionThis invative and imaginative resource offers learning and worship activities and whole service outlines to help churches engage with the outside world and increase connectedness with the communities where they are placed, whether rural or urban. Current trends encourage us to reconnect with nature - schools are building outdoor classrooms, 11,000 organizations belong to the Wild Network which encourages children to get outside, while Forest Church, the Eco-congregation and the rewilding spirituality movements reflect this trend in the church. Definitely t just for energetic outdoorsy types, it creatively blends the Christian year with the natural seasons - such as an all-age Advent outdoor adventure, creating an outdoor Easter garden, kite flying at Ascension, building life-size David and Goliath, going on a prayer pilgrimage, autumn leaves and tree ribbons for remembrance, and much more. Also included is practical advice on making the most of your outdoor space, including everyone, health, safety and safeguarding.
- Author BiographyJuno Hollyhock is Executive Director of Learning Through Landscapes, a charity dedicated to enhancing outdoor play and learning for children. She was previously Youth and Children's Ministry Advisor for Portsmouth Diocese. Mary Jackson trained as a teacher and has written Learn and Play Out, a resource for teachers on taking lessons outside. She has run workshops at Greenbelt on taking children's church activities outside. She lives in Winchester and leads children's worship at her local church.
- Author(s)Juno Hollyhock,Mary Jackson
- PublisherCanterbury Press Norwich
- Date of Publication06/09/2016
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Series TitleCreative Ideas
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCanterbury Press Norwich
- Width172 mm
- Height234 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.