All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCreative Industries is a daring collection of essays that charts the isy revolution that is transforming the production, consumption, and understanding of culture in the all-wired era. It brings together seminal essays written across traditional and new media, industry sectors, and national contexts to demonstrate that content still drives a value-neutral, kwledge ecomy.* Chronicles the way mass culture is produced, packaged and circulated in a techlogy-enabled and globalized world* Draws together, in one accessible volume, seminal essays written across traditional and new media, industry sectors, and national contexts* Explores the subjects that have come to define the creative industries - including learning services, kwledge clusters, dot.coms, creative cities, networked incubators, the new media, and the shift from the culture industries to the industries of culture * Features 31 essays by leading international scholars - covering the creative industries of several fields, including book publishing, TV production, urban development, and games* Includes substantial editorial introductions by the editor, making this a useful, engaging, and thought-provoking collection of the very best scholarship on modern creative culture.
- Author BiographyJohn Hartley is Dean of the Creative Industries Faculty, Queensland University of Technology, Australia. He is the author of numerous books in the field, including A Short History of Cultural Studies (2003), Communication, Cultural and Media Studies: The Key Concepts (2002), Uses of Television (1999), and Popular Reality: Journalism, Modernity, Popular Culture (1996). He is editor of the International Journal of Cultural Studies.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication01/12/2004
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishing Ltd
- Content Note9 illustrations
- Weight788 g
- Width163 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edited byJohn Hartley
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.18
- AU $40.72Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.