All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a t-quite-conventional look at lettering for anyone of almost any age, who has a passing interest in letterforms. They may be young or older, newcomers or experienced calligraphers, teachers or artists from other disciplines. The idea is to move away from the more obviously pretty aspects of hobby calligraphy to experiments using principally capital letters as patterns, texture or explosions of colour to give a much more general artistic and creative appeal. It is also about learning the skill of careful observation to see what is actually there in terms of letter shapes, t what you think or assume the shapes to be, learning the rules and then kwing how to bend them to suit your purpose.
- Author BiographyMargaret Morgan is an experienced professional calligrapher. She is an associate of the Calligraphy and Lettering Society, and the author of three previous books, including Illuminated Letters (A&C Black).
- Author(s)Margaret Morgan
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication15/09/2009
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintA & C Black Publishers Ltd
- Content Note110 illustrations, full colour throughout
- Weight471 g
- Width219 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.