All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionCreative Morality is a philosophical study of moral dilemmas. Western moral thought has relied on two basic ethical perspectives - Utilitarianism and Kantianism - to resolve dilemmas. MacNiven argues that real progress can be made with modern moral problems unless these tradtions are coherently synthesised. The book deals with diverse topics such as academic honesty, medical confidentiality, terrorism and euthanasia and the hypothetical dilemmas used are based on real life situations so that theory might be tested against reality. Yet the solutions are t definitive because, as MacNiven demonstrates, creativity is an intrinsic characteristic of moral thought.
- Author(s)Don MacNiven
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication15/08/2014
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.