All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe book is a scholarly and creative consideration of audiovisual broadcasting and what makes a TV performance professional. It combines an academic approach to TV News with a practical understanding of production and the new pressures bearing down on the industry. Combining a real-world understanding with a scholarly approach, it offers valuable new insights for aspiring journalists, students, researchers and lecturers into what is still the most powerful medium for news and information in the world. This book is an exciting and challenging look at how we can understand the way we regard people and how we create and make public our views of them in and through television. The author provides a critically engaging and detailed analysis of the practical aspects of television journalism and the ethical values replete within it as well as how it is complicit in the construction of the manifold mediated identities of those caught up in the increasingly two-way relationship between broadcaster and audience. This is a wide ranging and well researched account of the dynamics of the significance and impact of television journalism in all its richness and ambiguity. (Prof. Jackie Harrison, Chair, Centre for Freedom of the Media (CFOM), Joint Head of Department and Director of Research Department of Journalism Studies, University of Sheffield, UK).
- Author BiographyJacek Dabala is a professor, novelist, screenwriter, and a former TV and radio journalist. Media, communication, literature and film cover the range of his specialization. He is Head of the Department of Media and Axiology at the Catholic University of Lublin and Head of the Independent Section of Communication Skills in Medicine at the Medical University of Lublin (Poland). He has published, i.a. Mystery and Suspense in Creative Writing (2012).
- Author(s)Jacek Dabala
- PublisherPeter Lang AG
- Date of Publication26/05/2015
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2015
- ImprintPeter Lang AG
- Weight360 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.66
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.26
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.39
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.74
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.57
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.