Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $191.05New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
About this product
- DescriptionThe companion volume to the successful Creative Storytelling with Children at Risk , this title is written for both professionals and parents. Using a practical and hands-on approach, Sue Jennings: clearly illustrates the importance of play for the developing child and outlines research showing the consequences of the 'n-playing child'; provides practical ideas for playing with children from birth onwards and gives clear descriptions of the application of play techniques with children with special needs - these include children with developmental delay as well as children who have suffered abuse; draws attention to the application of sensory play and its role in a 'survival' approach, and includes contrasting approaches to play and play therapy and emphasises the importance of 'preventative play' for healthy development. Sue Jennings has worked and researched play and play therapy in many contexts in the UK and Romania and is currently an advisor to the Department of Child Health, University of Exeter. This book will be an extremely useful practical resource for anyone working with children.
- Author BiographySue Jennings is a pioneer of Dramatherapy and the Playtherapy Method in the UK and abroad. She is Consultant to the Department of Child Health, University of Exeter. She has written more than fifteen books on working with children.
- Author(s)Sue Jennings
- PublisherSpeechmark Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication01/01/1999
- FormatSpiral bound
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationBicester, Oxon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpeechmark Publishing Ltd
- Content Note44 b&w illustrations
- Weight776 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.