All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDespite heightened media attention and the increase in professional kwledge about child abuse, many children are still being failed by the system. Using attachment theory as a foundation, this book addresses in depth the acute practice dilemmas concerning children who, despite the climate of increased awareness, multi-disciplinary cooperation and legislative and procedural change, cant easily be protected. The contributors give guidelines for working with the children, in particular those who, unable to disclose their experience themselves, are the most difficult to support. Illustrated throughout with case material and informed by the experiences of survivors themselves, the book presents a framework for well managed and resourced, flexible and integrated intervention with children, their families, and the community that will enable professionals and families to work together to break the 'cycle of abuse'.
- Author BiographySue Richardson is a qualified and experienced social worker, family therapist and psychotherapist with nearly 30 years' specialist experience of the impact of childhood trauma, family breakdown, the child care system and child protection issues. Heather Bacon is a clinical psychologist with over 25 years' experience, working in the NHS in a child and family mental health team and specialising in the area of child protection.
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication10/01/2003
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight371 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byHeather Bacon,Sue Richardson
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $179.93New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $22.66Trending at AU $23.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.