All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a general introduction for readers of all levels, to craft projects using textile techniques. Basic techniques are introduced, and the reader is then encouraged to experiment with the chosen medium, creating their own piece of work. Works by featured artists and designers provide inspiration, with tips on how similar styles and effects can be achieved. Each section also includes plenty of stimulating ideas for source and reference material. Topics covered include: images on fabric; creating fabrics; wireframe construction; 3D wire construction; using a heat tool; materials manipulation; adapting traditional techniques; joining, seaming, bonding, layering; mould-making, casting and forming.
- Author BiographyKaren Woods is an established textile artist and painter, with 15 years experience as a crafts teacher. As well as taking time for her own personal work, she runs textile and sculpture workshops for a variety of young peoples' groups, schools and community mental health centres. She has also led a group of care leavers in producing costumes for a dance and theatre group that performed at the Millennium Dome.
- Author(s)Karen Woods
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication19/04/2011
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintA & C Black Publishers Ltd
- Content Note150 colour photos
- Weight410 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine9 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.