Creative Tourism, a Global Conversation by Sunstone Press (Paperback / softback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $46.93Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $58.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTourists all over the world welcome unique creative experiences that enrich and inspire them when they travel. This is called Creative Tourism, and it is different from other types of tourism. But why is it needed, and how does one go about developing it? You'll find answers to these questions and more in this book which is based on and draws from the proceedings of a Santa Fe & UNESCO International Conference on Creative Tourism. Held in Santa Fe, New Mexico, USA, from September 28 to October 2, 2008, this first-of-a-kind conference brought together delegates from sixteen countries around the world to engage in a global conversation about how best to leverage the tourism sector for community and ecomic development. In other words, how tourism can best be organized and practiced to enhance ecomic benefits to cities, provinces, and countries globally. Conceived, in large part, through the efforts of members of UNESCO's Creative Cities Network, the conference was designed to bridge theory and practice, as well as provide a forum for sharing ideas and best practices. In this book you will find t only a collection of essays by some of the thought pioneers in the emerging and still evolving field of Creative Tourism, but also a wide array of resources, including many practical examples and illustrations of Creative Tourism in practice from around the world. At a time when activities and initiatives aimed at promoting tourism in a competitive ecomy have become essential, the tion of Creative Tourism captured in this book offers a life line that cant and should t be igred. Creative Tourism: A Global Conversation should be required reading for all tourism and community/ecomic/cultural development professionals, artists, elected and appointed public officials, and tourists who are seeking destinations that offer customized, creative, experiential, authentic, and meaningful experiences that are tied to the uniqueness and spirit of a place.
- PublisherSunstone Press
- Date of Publication05/06/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSunstone Press
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight431 g
- Width178 mm
- Height251 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byAlex Pattakos,Rebecca Wurzburger,Sabrina Pratt
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.79
- AU $23.22Trending at AU $28.78
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.65
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.49
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.90
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.49
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.