All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book draws on the best ideas about teaching primary science, using an evidence-based approach. It recognizes that there are some proven and more effective methods for teaching primary science, whilst recognizing that teachers have an important role in interpreting these principles and ideas in tailoring approaches to the pupils in their class and the science being taught. The book is intended to encourage creativity and experimentation in teaching primary science, which are regularly recognised as features of outstanding teaching. Although creativity is one of the most powerful indicators of successful teachers, the key to creativity is willingness to take a risk and to accept uncertainty so this book provides a 'helping hand' for those who may be more risk averse in the classroom by presenting a range of teaching methods that are proven to work, whilst encouraging teachers to develop all ideas themselves. The authors explain why the methods presented are successful and encourage readers to apply these techniques creatively to new situations. The book will be a 'one stop shop' for ideas to take forward and for readers to trial themselves.
- Author BiographyAlan Cross is Lecturer in Education at the University of Manchester, UK, and is co-author of Essential Primary Science 2E (with Adrian Bowden). Jon Board is a teacher at Mauldeth Road Primary School in South Manchester and also lectures at the University of Manchester, UK.
- Author(s)Alan Cross,Jon Board
- PublisherOpen University Press
- Date of Publication01/10/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationMilton Keynes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOpen University Press
- Weight700 g
- Width68 mm
- Height94 mm
- Spine4 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.88Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.29Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $25.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.