Creative Writing Studies: Practice, Research and Pedagogy by Channel View Publications Ltd (Paperback, 2007)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $55.07Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $32.12+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe chapters in this book range across all three areas of its subtitle practice, research and pedagogy - testifying to the integrated nature of creative writing as a university discipline. Writers from the USA, the UK and Australia concentrate on the most critical issues facing this popular, fast-developing and sometimes embattled area of study: practice-led research in creative writing; the nature of higher degrees; the place of critical/theoretical discourse in the discipline; the best teaching methods at undergraduate and postgraduate levels; and the challenge of creative writers who are also university teachers. These exciting essays, thus, chart creative writing's evolution as a site of kwledge in the contemporary university.
- Author BiographyGraeme Harper is Professor of Creative Writing at Bangor University and Director of the National Institute for Excellence in the Creative Industries(TM). Editor-in-Chief of the journal New Writing: the International Journal forthe Practice and Theory of Creative Writing, his most recent creative works are:Small Maps of the World (Parlor, 2006), and Moon Dance (Parlor, 2007). His most recent critical book in the field of creative writing is Teaching Creative Writing (Ed. Continuum, 2006). In the wider academic community, he is the Creative Writing member of Great Britain's Arts and Humanities Research Council (AHRC) Steering Committee on Practice-led Research and an honorary Visiting Professor of Creative Writing at the University of Bedfordshire. A Fellow of the Royal Geographical Society (RGS) and of Royal Society for the Encouragement of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce) (RSA), he holds such awards as the NBCAward for New Fiction (Aust.), among others. Born in New York City, Jeri Kroll completed her Ph D at Columbia University and taught in the U.S. and England before moving to Australia. She is Professor of English and Program Coordinator of Creative Writing at Flinders University as well as immediate past President of the Australian Association of Writing Programs. On the editorial boards of NEW WRITING and TEXT, among other journals, her critical publications cover children's literature, Samuel Beckett, contemporary poetry and the pedagogy and theory of creative writing. She has published over twenty books for adults and young people, including poetry, picture books (two Children's Book Council Notable Awards), novels and anthologies, released both in Australia and overseas. Her most recent are Mickey's Little Book of Letters (novel/audiobook) and The Mother Workshops (poetry and prose).
- PublisherChannel View Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication10/12/2007
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Series TitleNew Writing Viewpoints
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMultilingual Matters
- Weight244 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byGraeme Harper,Jeri Kroll
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.