All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCreativity and Feature Writing explores how to generate ideas in feature writing. Using clear explanations, examples and exercises, experienced feature writer and teacher Ellie Levenson highlights how feature writers, editors and bloggers can generate ideas and how to turn these into published, paid for articles. A variety of approaches to idea generation are explored including getting feature ideas from: * objects, your own life and the lives of others * the news and n-news articles, including books, leaflets, the internet and any other printed matter * press releases, and from direct contact with charities and press officers * new people, new places and new experiences. The book draws on a range of tips from practicing journalists and editors and displays case studies of example features to chart ideas from conception to publication.
- Author BiographyEllie Levenson is a freelance journalist and lecturer in journalism at Goldsmiths College, University of London. As a freelance journalist, her work has appeared in many publications including the Guardian, Independent, The Times, Financial Times, Daily Express, Cosmopolitan, Easy Living, Times Educational Supplement, Local Government Chronicle and New Statesman. She also runs journalism courses for www.journalism.co.uk and for think tanks, businesses and other organisations. She is the author of two non-fiction books, The Noughtie Girl's Guide to Feminism (2009) and Fifty Campaigns to Shout About (2011), as well as two books for children.
- Author(s)Ellie Levenson
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication25/06/2015
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note17 black & white tables
- Weight181 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.08
- AU $34.50Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.