All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
- AU $20.60Free postage
- AU $23.39Free postage
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.42
About this product
- DescriptionIn this stunning collection of stories, rewned psychiatrist Irvin D. Yalom describes his patients' struggles--as well as his own--to come to terms with the two great challenges of existence: how to have a meaningful life yet reckon with its inevitable end. We meet a nurse who must stifle the pain of losing her son in order to comfort her patients' pains, a newly minted psychologist whose studies damage her treasured memories of a lost friend, and a man whose rejection of psychological inquiry forces even Yalom himself into a crisis of confidence. Creatures of a Day is a radically honest statement about the difficulties of human life, but also a celebration of some of the finest fruits--love, family, friendship--it can offer. Marcus Aurelius has written that we are all creatures of a day. With Yalom as our guide, we will find the means to make our own day t only bearable, but also meaningful and joyful.
- Author BiographyIrvin D. Yalom is an emeritus professor of psychiatry at Stanford University and a psychiatrist in private practice in San Francisco. He is the author of many books, including Love's Executioner, Theory and Practice in Group Psychotherapy, and When Nietzsche Wept.
- Author(s)Irvin D. Yalom
- PublisherThe Perseus Books Group
- Date of Publication08/03/2016
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBasic Civitas Books
- Weight245 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.