Credit Risk Management: A Guide to Sound Business Decisions by H. A. Schaeffer (Hardback, 2000)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $234.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $28.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHow to decide when to say yes to a credit applicant-without jeopardizing your reputation or your company's bottom line Deciding whether a credit applicant is ultimately creditworthy involves more than just poring over their financial statements-it takes the kind of advice only an experienced credit expert, like Hal Schaeffer, can give. A 28-year veteran of the credit screening process, Schaeffer outlines the nuts-and-bolts of assessing a credit applicant's financial health and ability to make good on a line of credit. In part one's clear, four-part A, B, C, D format (A is for Analysis, B is for Building Essential Business Credit Information, C is for Considering All Factors,and D is for Decision), the author examines a prospective borrower from every angle, using formulas, checklists of what to look for, and available outside information sources (from Dun & Bradstreet to the Internet) to get a genuine picture of an applicant's current finances and degree of credit risk. Also outlined are the financial, credit, and business factors that go into a sound business credit decision a guideline for consolidating facts to vindicate your decision, as well as a series of twelve chapter-length case studies (contained in part two). Discussion includes: Determining the cost and accuracy of financial information Isolating information gaps in financial records The actual costs (including total/partial loss of sale, insurance fees) and value (including future sales to the customer) to your company if credit is extended The exact nature of the sale-large (or small); one-time deal or continuous; the expected profit margin The controls your company has over the customer Complete with twelve chapter-length real-world case studies of problems typically encountered (with detailed solutions), Credit Risk Management offers practical, -nsense advice on how to minimize the risks-and maximize the benefits-to you and your company when you finally say yes to an applicant.
- Author BiographyH. A. SCHAEFFER Jr., CCE, CEW, is President of D&H Credit Services, Inc., a credit and financial customer service consulting firm to all sizes of manufacturers, wholesalers, government agencies, and credit organizations located in Port Washington, N.Y. He has served as a credit consultant for a number of midsize companies as well as Fortune 500 companies, including Bausch & Lomb and Mobil, Inc. He has taught credit courses for the American Management Association (AMA), the National Association of Credit Management (NACM), and Dun & Bradstreet. He has also taught customized courses for Fortune 500 companies and noncredit organizations.
- Author(s)H. A. Schaeffer
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication08/02/2000
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight598 g
- Width164 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.34New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $20.05New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.85Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.