All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOn a foggy, foggy morning deep in the swamps on the Island of Serendipity, Creole was hatched from an egg. She was big and fat and very, very ugly. But beneath all of that which made her so ugly was the most beautiful heart that had ever beat anywhere on the Island of Serendipity. She waddled off to find some of the fellow creatures of the swamp, but it was t as simple as Creole hoped it would be. Normally the swamp was filled with fun, cheerful ises, but as Creole crashed through bramble and bush, a hush fell and all was quiet and still. For you see, all of the creatures that lived in the swamp were downright scared of Creole. They thought that because she was so fat and ugly, she just had to be mean, too! Had it t been for a tiny stuttering alligator, the goodness that was Creole would have never been shared. Looks can be deceiving and so can judging a book by its cover.
- Author BiographyStephen Cosgrove is one of the best-selling children's book authors of all time. His writing career began in 1973 when, while shopping at bookstores for his three-year-old daughter, he was frustrated by the lack of fun-to-read picture books that also convey positive values. Consequently, he decided to write his own stories. Cosgrove went on to create four titles that became the foundation of his best-selling Serendipity series, which has sold over 80 million copies worldwide. Since then, he has written more than 300 books, some under his own name and others using pseudonyms, ranging from picture books to young adult thrillers. The winner of the Coors Lumen Award for family values and multiple Children's Choice Awards, he lives in Austin, TX. Robin James is a gifted illustrator and a native of the Pacific Northwest. She has loved art and animals all her life and has been drawing ever since she could hold a pencil. Through the years, she has created a wide variety of artwork from animal portraits to wildlife paintings and has illustrated over 75 children's books, and is published worldwide. She lives in Snohomish, WA.
- Author(s)Stephen Cosgrove
- PublisherHeritage Builders
- Date of Publication01/10/2013
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleSerendipity Series
- Series Part/Volume Number3
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHeritage Builders
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight85 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Illustrator(s)Robin James
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $247.00Trending at AU $288.91
- AU $26.50Trending at AU $32.69
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.76
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $15.69
- AU $49.62Trending at AU $52.62
- AU $31.62Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $27.37Trending at AU $30.59
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.