All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionCricket, Lovely Cricket is a journey around the perennially curious world of cricket, leaving metaphorical leg-break unturned and peering at the game from every conceivable angle. Here, Lawrence Booth, who had little option but to turn a youthful obsession with the game into a means of paying the mortgage, seeks to consider the questions that crop up on a daily basis but rarely receive a satisfactory answer. What are the players really like? What is the secret of sledging? Why get so worked up about the Ashes? Why all the cliches? And how did India take over the world? Taking the reader to the heart of a game that seems more capable than any other of bewitching its followers, this is a captivating look at the way cricket has become what it is today - and what, given a fair wind, it might be like in the future.
- Author BiographyLawrence Booth writes about cricket for the Guardian and the Sunday Times. In addition to his print work, he writes 'The Spin', the Guardian website's irreverent cricket email, and has frequently contributed to their acclaimed over-by-over coverage. He is the author of two previous books and in 2011 he was appointed to the prestigious role of editor of the Wisden Cricketers' Almanack in 2011. He lives in south-west London.
- Author(s)Lawrence Booth
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication04/06/2009
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintYellow Jersey Press
- Weight180 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.