All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCricket has been subject to a number of changes over the last twenty years. We can longer talk of a sport particular to an out-dated English way of life. Cricket has become global and has to exist within the global environment. Primarily the world game has become commercialised. This collection of essays assesses the developments within major playing nations between the World Cups. Do we w live in a world where commercialism is the primary factor in determining sports, or are wider historical prejudices still evident? Seeking to answer these questions, Cricket, Race & the 2007 World Cup focuses on racial and ethnic tensions and their place in the new globalized, cricketing environment. This book was previously published as a special issue of Sport in Society.
- Author BiographyDe Montfort University, UK.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication16/12/2004
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Series TitleSport in the Global Society
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight544 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Edited byBoria Majumdar,Jon Gemmell
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $189.94New
- AU $111.27New
- AU $93.07Used
- AU $93.07New
- AU $101.13New
- AU $73.88New
- AU $61.04Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.72
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.18
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.07
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.43
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.