Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.39Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionThe American West was a far away place to a young girl, only ten years old, living in a small town in Massachusetts in 1947. She had idea of the changes to her life that would happen after her parents sold all they possessed and turned their old Chevy in the direction of the setting sun. Watching from her backseat window, this child witnessed t only the unfolding of scenery across the United States, east coast to west coast, but slowly developed awareness of the struggle her family faced to provide daily needs in a world of strangers where newcomers were viewed with suspicion. With work or prospect of it, kwing one in the far west, her mother and father became, in effect, like the pioneers of a previous era, searching for a place to settle that would satisfy them. A coming-of-age story told through vivid memories of her experiences and the persons she encountered along the way, Cricket in the Grass relates a child's learning of self-reliance.
- Author(s)Beverly Paik
- Date of Publication11/06/2012
- SubjectAutobiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight440 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.