All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $128.00Trending at AU $198.07
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $166.93
- AU $26.41Trending at AU $29.25
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.22
- AU $46.40Trending at AU $52.20
- AU $14.90Trending at AU $23.48
- AU $35.75Trending at AU $44.19
About this product
- DescriptionThe idyllic English village of Crickley Meadow had been basking in the heat of the long, hot summer, enjoyed t least by the thirty residents of the outhouse at Fernbrook Cottage. They could t have envisaged their perfect world being turned so abruptly upside-down as it was when the dastardly Cuthbert Fanshaw had thirteen of their number kidnapped. Fanshaw Cosmetics had been struggling to develop new products following a successful campaign to stop animal testing in its laboratory and w Fanshaw planned to conduct his experiments in secret. Who would rescue the beleaguered creatures? Only the animals left behind knew where they had been taken. So it was that twelve guinea pigs embarked on hazardous mission to find their friends and bring them home. They face many perils on the journey over land and through the town of Whitebridge, yet at Fanshaw Cosmetics, still more trouble lies in wait. Confronted by an enemy of their own size, the guinea pigs will need to outwit and defeat this new foe if they are to rescue their friends and t end up as captives themselves. Even if they can succeed, they will then have to tackle the t inconsiderable task of escaping the confines of Fanshaw Cosmetics and making it home again in one piece!
- Author BiographyGerard Clark was born in Leigh-on-Sea, Essex in 1954 and now lives in Preston, Lancashire with his wife Christine, sons Andy and Joe and Harvey the Shi Tzu, Ivan the rabbit and numerous guinea pigs. It was Christine who provided the inspiration for this, his first book, with her unique way of humanising the animals and exaggerating their personalities. Her caricatures were a great source of amusement to their sons when they were younger. The central characters were thus ready-made and just needed putting into a story. Even some of the incidents in the book were inspired by actual events.
- Author(s)Gerard Clark
- PublisherTrafford Publishing
- Date of Publication04/02/2010
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Place of PublicationVictoria
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintTrafford Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight177 g
- Width229 mm
- Height152 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.