All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCrime Films: Investigating the Scene analyses the wide body of films that fall under the rubric of crime, from the gangster film to the film ir, and from the classic whodunnit to TV series like Law and Order and CSI . Ever since Edwin S. Porter's The Great Train Robbery in 1903, audiences have been fascinated by films about crime, and the world as seen from both sides of the law. Crime Films and TV approaches the crime scene from the standpoints of the criminal, the crime and the crime-solver, providing the master plan behind the world of crime on screen. The criminal underworld takes on many forms, and this volume delves into recent developments in the erotic thriller such as Basic Instinct (1992) and neo-irs such as LA Confidential (1997) and Body Heat (1981). There are also a number of close readings of some of the most enduring crime films, from Seven (1995) to The Silence of the Lambs (1991) as well as of TV series such as Homicide , CSI and Hill Street Blues .
- Author BiographyKirsten Moana Thompson is Assistant Professor of Film Studies at Wayne State University. She is the co-editor of Perspectives on German Cinema (1996).
- Author(s)Kirsten Thompson
- PublisherWallflower Press
- Date of Publication26/07/2007
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWallflower Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight246 g
- Width161 mm
- Height199 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.63
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.10Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.80Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.