Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.76Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionIn a whirlwind demolition of dozens of misconceptions about crime, Nick Ross proposes what is arguably the most radical re-think of crime policy since the dawn of policing. Setting conventional thinking on its head, Crime challenges everything we take for granted, showing why the criminal justice system has little effect on crime rates, how policing has been hijacked to serve the needs of lawyers, and how 'facts' about crime are continually manipulated to serve the needs of politicians and the media. Crime is the result of twenty years' experience working with victims and police, and ten years' research to find out what makes crime rates ebb and flow. This is a major work that explodes fallacies and entreats us to be more sceptical. Crime will delight those who come to it with an open mind and infuriate ideologues from the left, right and centre.
- Author BiographyNick Ross presented the crime appeal show Crimewatch for over twenty years, working closely with the police, advising Victim Support and Crimestoppers and serving on several government committees. After his colleague Jill Dando was murdered in 1999, he established the Jill Dando Institute of Crime Science at University College London where he is chairman of the board, an honorary fellow and visiting professor. He was for many years one of Britain's best-known broadcasters and documentary-makers and has long been involved in promoting science and bioethics. He works with several charities as chairman, president, ambassador or trustee. He is married with three sons and lives in London.
- Author(s)Nick Ross
- PublisherBiteback Publishing
- Date of Publication23/05/2013
- SubjectCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBiteback Publishing
- Out-of-print date29/10/2016
- Content Noteillustrations
- Width134 mm
- Height216 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.