Crime Scene Processing and Laboratory Workbook by Ralph E. Williams, Patrick Jones (Paperback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $50.72Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $23.34+ AU $28.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe most important part of a CSI's (crime scene investigator) job is accurate documentation of properly collected evidence. Documentation tells the story of the crime and can ultimately prove a suspect guilty. Through an array of specific exercises and actual document templates used in practice, Crime Scene Processing and Laboratory Workbook teaches students the proper physical evidence collection and processing techniques which will enable them to master the skills necessary to become a proficient CSI. Building on prior kwledge and facilitating hands-on experience, this laboratory manual allows students to practice the methods, procedures, and techniques associated with forensic science, crime scene investigation, documentation, and evidence handling. What makes this lab manual unique is that it follows a single hypothetical case to show each of the investigative techniques in the context of a real crime. Highlighting the skills and equipment needed for each assignment, the text presents over twenty separate exercises that alternate between investigating physical evidence specific to the crime scene and evidence specific to the laboratory. The book also provides useful forms, including the laboratory submission request, that duplicate real-world experience and demonstrate how to properly collect, record, and submit evidence. This volume is a useful companion to Gardner's Practical Crime Scene Processing and Investigation and Fisher's Techniques of Crime Scene Investigation. The exercises are designed to be completed with or without the help of a partner or as a member of a team. The appendices contain supplemental forms and numbered tent cards that can be used during the exercises along with other additional material such as a glossary and instructions on how to accurately write reports. Watch Patrick Jones in his laboratory on the CRC Press YouTube channel.
- Author BiographyPatrick Jones and Ralph E. Williams are with Purdue University in West Lafayette, Indiana.
- Author(s)Patrick Jones,Ralph E. Williams
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication15/01/2009
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note122 black & white illustrations
- Weight816 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.44Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $89.84
- AU $19.30Trending at AU $21.95
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.37
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.59
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.01
- AU $40.71Trending at AU $41.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.