All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $96.38Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $14.20
About this product
- DescriptionAs the Singapore police frequently remind us: 'low crime does t mean crime'. But the writers in this book remind us that low crime can definitely mean exciting, imaginative crime. Strong, riveting stories fill the pages of this volume, the first of its kind in the Lion City. Veteran UK crime and thriller luminary Stephen Leather follows a Singapore police inspector as he slowly trawls through available clues to explain a seemingly inexplicable crime. Singapore-based velist Dawn Farnham offers two new stories: a complex, nailbiting revenge drama and a piquant short piece which looks at one of the more effective ways to leave one's lover. Pranav Joshi shows how cross-border crime can spur locally produced crime, while local literary guru Chris Mooney-Singh looks at how brutal crime has moved into the realm of social networking. Also featured are engaging works by Singapore Literature Prize winner Ng Yi-Sheng and actress-writer-radio personality Carolyn Camoens, as well as a savvy satire on one of Singapore's unique and quirky laws by author Alaric Leong. This volume proves conclusively that while Singapore may have a shortage of crime, it has serious shortage of first-rate crime fiction writers.
- Author(s)Dawn Farnham,Ee Leen Lee,Stephen Leather
- PublisherMonsoon Books
- Date of Publication15/09/2010
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationSingapore
- Weight277 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byRichard Lord
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.