All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCrime Scene Unit Management: A Path Forward is a must-have resource for anyone involved with forensic investigations and the search for evidence at the crime scene. The book provides standards for how to manage a crime scene so that evidence is collected and preserved without errors and includes guidelines for how to implement the standards and set up regional training programs for smaller jurisdictions with tighter budgets. Key features include examples, checklists, and flow charts for evidence handling and routing. CSIs, fire investigators, homicide investigators, accident investigators, police executives, and students of forensic science will benefit from this thorough approach to how the crime scene-and the personnel charged with tending to the evidence-should be managed.
- Author BiographyEdward W. Wallace Jr. was the Director of Forensic Training at the New York City Office of Chief Medical Examiner from December 2008 to December 2014. He is also Senior Adjunct Instructor and Weapons of Mass Destruction Training Course Developer for Louisiana State University at the National Center for Biomedical Research, which is a provider of emergency responder training for the US Department of Homeland Security, Office of Domestic Preparedness. He retired in 2004 after 20 years with the New York Police Department, where he served as training officer, crime scene investigator, and counter-terrorism investigator, among other roles. Wallace has given testimony as a forensic expert in 393 trials, and is co-author of Crime Scene Investigation, 3rd edition (Routledge/Anderson, 2014). Michael J. Cunningham is a retired New York Police Department 1st Grade Detective. He served for 26 years as a latent fingerprint officer, evidence technician, and crime scene investigator, and assisted in developing standard operating and quality assurance procedures for the crime scene unit. He teaches at the National Center for Biomedical Research, which is a provider of emergency responder training for the US Department of Homeland Security, Office of Domestic Preparedness. He also teaches crime scene investigation techniques internationally on behalf of the US State Department's Anti-terrorism Assistance Program. Mr. Cunningham is a recognized expert in shooting reconstruction and 3D laser scanning. He currently works with Leeds LLC to provide Crime Center case management solutions to the law enforcement community. Daniel Boggiano is an active law enforcement Investigator in New York City and has been serving as a crime scene investigator for more than a decade. In addition to investigative responsibilities, he is responsible for quality assurance issues and the development, coordination, and delivery of training for investigators. This includes basic training for newly assigned investigators, advanced training for tenured investigators, and coordination of the IAI (International Association for Identification) certification program for crime scene investigators assigned to his unit. Boggiano holds an M.S. degree in Forensic Science and has completed course work toward a Ph.D. in Criminal Justice (Forensic Science Concentration) at John Jay College of Criminal Justice. Boggiano has offered testimony in many criminal cases and has been deemed an expert in crime scene investigation and reconstruction disciplines. He currently teaches crime scene investigation for the John Jay Graduate Criminal Justice Program.
- Author(s)Daniel Boggiano,Edward W. Wallace,Michael J. Cunningham
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication01/02/2015
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationCincinnati
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAnderson Publishing
- Content Note57 black & white illustrations, 42 black & white halftones, 15 black & white line drawings
- Weight703 g
- Width187 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.