All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe question of 'why' and 'how' certain individuals are drawn towards behaving in a way that contravenes the 'Law of the Land' is t an easy one to address. Researchers from various different fields have nevertheless attempted to develop theoretical explanations for the existence of different types of crime and why some individuals commit such acts. Crime and Criminality draws on crimilogy, sociology, psychology and neuroscience to offer a balanced perspective of crime, the criminal and criminality. Coverage includes: * a comprehensive discussion of theoretical approaches to criminal behaviour, including biological, social and 'rational choice' approaches; * an analysis of legal and social definitions of crime and how these definitions influence the way specific behaviours are labelled as criminal; * an examination of different types of crime and criminals, from delinquents to 'psychopaths' and sex offenders; * an exploration of different ways in which crime is predicted, including risk assessment and offender profiling and an overview of investigative techniques. Addressing a broad range of topics and offering a synthesis of competing theoretical explanations of criminality, this book is essential reading for students taking courses in crimilogy, criminal psychology, criminal behaviour, forensic psychology and psychological crimilogy.
- Author BiographySandie Taylor was a senior lecturer in psychology at Bath Spa University until late 2012. Sandie's teaching and research interests overlapped between forensic/investigative/criminological psychology and developmental/biological psychology. Specialist areas of teaching and research included forensic, criminological and investigative psychology. Sandie is currently a visiting lecture in psychology at the University of South Wales and a freelance writer on psychology.
- Author(s)Sandie Taylor
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication09/12/2015
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note68 black & white illustrations, 7 black & white tables, 17 black & white halftones, 51 black & white line drawings
- Weight1194 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine43 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.43New
- AU $65.08Used
- AU $78.89New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.32Trending at AU $23.14
- AU $19.47Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.58
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $18.70Trending at AU $20.08
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.11
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.