Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $85.60Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $96.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCrime and Everyday Life, Fifth Edition, offers a bold approach to crime theory and crime reduction. The text shows how crime opportunity is a necessary condition for illegal acts to occur. The authors offer realistic, often common-sense, ways to reduce or eliminate crime and criminal behaviour in specific settings by removing the opportunity to complete the act. Using a clear and engaging writing style, author Marcus Felson and new co-author Mary Eckert talk directly to the student about criminal behaviour, the routine activity approach, and specific crime reduction ideas. The authors emphasize how routine daily activities set the stage for illegal acts -- offering fascinating new ideas and examples t presented in earlier editions. Most importantly, this book teaches the student how to think about crime, and then do something about it.
- Author BiographyMarcus Felson is the originator of the routine activity approach and of Crime and Everyday Life. He has also authored Crime and Nature, and serves as a professor at Texas State University. . He has a B.A. from University of Chicago, an M.A. and Ph.D. from the University of Michigan, and has received the 2014 Honoris Causa from the Universidad Miguel Hernandez in Spain. Professor Felson has been given the Ronald Clarke Award by the Environmental Criminology and Crime Analysis group, and the Paul Tappan Award of the Western Society of Criminology. He has been a guest lecturer in Argentina, Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Denmark, El Salvador, England, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, Italy, Japan, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Scotland, Spain, South Africa, Sweden and Switzerland. He has applied routine activity thinking to many topics, including theft, violence, child molesting, white collar crime, and corruption. Mary A. Eckert, Marcus Felson's wife and life partner, has a M.A. and Ph.D. from New York University. Her B.A. is from the College of New Rochelle. Dr. Eckert has devoted an active career to applied research in criminal justice and program evaluation. She served as Research Director of the New York City Criminal Justice Agency, Inc., where she authored many research reports and guided that agency's diverse research agenda, including work on pretrial risk assessment, court-case processing, and evaluating alternative-to-incarceration programs. She then served in the New Jersey Office of the Attorney General, with a special focus on statistical evaluation of vehicle stops to assist the New Jersey State Police in reducing the potential for racial profiling. Her work has been recognized by the New York Association of Pretrial Service Agencies and the State of New Jersey. She has also served as an adjunct professor at New York University, Montclair State University, and Texas State University.
- Author(s)Marcus K. Felson,Mary A. Eckert
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication21/04/2015
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Out-of-print date29/07/2015
- Weight322 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.