Crime and Punishment: (Penguin Classics Deluxe Edition) by Fyodor Dostoyevsky (Paperback / softback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $27.75Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $51.94+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA truly great translation. . .This English version . . . really is better. A. N. Wilson, The Spectator This acclaimed new translation of Dostoyevsky s psychological record of a crime gives his dark masterpiece of murder and pursuit a renewed vitality, expressing its jagged, staccato urgency and fevered atmosphere as never before. Raskolnikov, a destitute and desperate former student, wanders alone through the slums of St. Petersburg, deliriously imagining himself above society s laws. But when he commits a random murder, only suffering ensues. Embarking on a dangerous game of cat and mouse with a suspicious police investigator, Raskolnikov finds the ose of his own guilt tightening around his neck. Only Sonya, a downtrodden prostitute, can offer the chance of redemption. For more than sixty-five years, Penguin has been the leading publisher of classic literature in the English-speaking world. With more than 1,500titles, Penguin Classics represents a global bookshelf of the best works throughout history and across genres and disciplines. Readers trust theseries to provide authoritative texts enhanced by introductions and tes by distinguished scholars and contemporary authors, as well as up-to-datetranslations by award-winning translators.
- Author BiographyFyodor Dostoyevsky (1821 1881) was a Russian novelist, journalist, and short-story writer whose novels Crime and Punishment and The Brothers Karamazov rank among the greatest of the nineteenth century. Oliver Ready (translator) is a lecturer and research fellow in Russian literature and culture at the University of Oxford. He won the Rossica Translation Prize for his translation of The Prussian Bride by Yuri Buida and the Read Russia Prize for his translation of Before and During by Vladimir Sharov, and he was named Inttranet s 2015 Linguist of the Year for his translation of Crime and Punishment. He is consultant editor at The Times Literary Supplement for Russia and East-Central Europe. Zohar Lazar (cover illustrator) is a frequent contributor of illustrations to The New Yorker, Rolling Stone, Esquire, GQ, and The New York Times Magazine.
- Author(s)Fyodor Dostoyevsky
- PublisherPenguin Books
- Date of Publication14/07/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitlePenguin Classics Deluxe Editions
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPenguin Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight635 g
- Width142 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine43 mm
- Illustrator(s)Zohar Lazar
- Translated byOliver Ready
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best Selling in Fiction Books
- AU $15.57New
- AU $8.05Used
- AU $65.33New
- AU $52.51Used
- AU $16.57New
- AU $18.33New
- AU $27.95New
- AU $6.80New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $11.97Trending at AU $12.39
- AU $14.99Trending at AU $15.95
- AU $55.66Trending at AU $57.80
- AU $33.92Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $22.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $20.63Trending at AU $22.26
- AU $18.40Trending at AU $28.49
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.