All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJapan is often described as an inclusive society, and yet the media reports record highs in crime and suicide figures. This book examines criminal justice in Japan, and questions whether Japan really is facing social malaise, or if the media are simply creating a 'moral panic'.
- Author BiographyDAG LEONARDSEN is Professor of Sociology in the Faculty of Health and Social Studies, Lillehammer University College, Norway. His main areas of research are within crime in Japan, welfare sociology, political analysis and social impact assessment. He is the author of Japan as a Low-Crime Nation (Palgrave).
- Author(s)Dag Leonardsen
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication14/04/2010
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight521 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.03
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.19
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.67
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.72
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.45
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.