All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDoes crime pay? Well t according to a survey in 2012 carried out by university ecomists using data held by the British Bankers' Association that estimates the average haul from a bank raid is roughly GBP20K. Raiders can expect to increase that amount if they carry a gun and also reap more rewards by having a larger gang, however, the chances of being caught will increase significantly with each raid carried out. Bank raids are fascinating. Who raids banks, and why? What do they do with the money if they escape with the loot, and what happens to the third of raiders who fail in their missions? This book takes a look at a number of famous band raids from the past 100 years, and discovers the changes that techlogy has brought about for the modern-day bank robber as well as delving into the history of bank raids. From the first bank raid committed in 1865 to the first use of a getaway car in 1911 Bank Raids gives a fascinating insight into the masterminds behind some of the greatest robberies ever committed.
- Author BiographyClaire Welch is the author of numerous non-fiction books including biographies on Audrey Hepburn, Marilyn Monroe and Charlie Chaplin, as well as books about the natural world and history. A classical musician, Claire also works as Publisher for the Academy of Contemporary Music. She is married with two young sons. Ian Welch is the author of numerous non-fiction books.
- Author(s)Claire Welch,Ian Welch
- PublisherHaynes Publishing Group
- Date of Publication19/06/2013
- SubjectTrue Crime
- Place of PublicationSomerset
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJ H Haynes & Co Ltd
- Content Note40
- Width128 mm
- Height197 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.