All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.97
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is the most current and comprehensive analysis of the state of Internet security threats right w. The review of current issues and predictions about problems years away are critical for truly understanding crimeware. Every concerned person should have a copy and use it for reference. -Garth Bruen, Project KnujOn Designer There's a new breed of online predators-serious criminals intent on stealing big bucks and top-secret information-and their weapons of choice are a dangerous array of tools called crimeware. With an ever-growing number of companies, organizations, and individuals turning to the Internet to get things done, there's an urgent need to understand and prevent these online threats. Crimeware: Understanding New Attacks and Defenses will help security professionals, technical managers, students, and researchers understand and prevent specific crimeware threats. This book guides you through the essential security principles, techniques, and countermeasures to keep you one step ahead of the criminals, regardless of evolving techlogy and tactics. Security experts Markus Jakobsson and Zulfikar Ramzan have brought together chapter contributors who are among the best and the brightest in the security industry. Together, they will help you understand how crimeware works, how to identify it, and how to prevent future attacks before your company's valuable information falls into the wrong hands. In self-contained chapters that go into varying degrees of depth, the book provides a thorough overview of crimeware, including t only concepts prevalent in the wild, but also ideas that so far have only been seen inside the laboratory. With this book, you will *Understand current and emerging security threats including rootkits, bot networks, spyware, adware, and click fraud*Recognize the interaction between various crimeware threats*Gain awareness of the social, political, and legal implications of these threats*Learn valuable countermeasures to stop crimeware in its tracks, w and in the future*Acquire insight into future security trends and threats, and create an effective defense plan With contributions by Gary McGraw, Andrew Tanenbaum, Dave Cole, Oliver Friedrichs, Peter Ferrie, and others.
- Author BiographyMarkus Jakobsson, Ph.D., is currently principal scientist at Palo Alto Research Center and an adjunct associate professor at Indiana University. The coauthor of more than one hundred peer-reviewed articles and co-inventor of more than fifty patents, Markus studies the human factor of security and cryptographic protocols with an emphasis on privacy. Zulfikar Ramzan, Ph.D., is currently a senior principal researcher with Symantec Security Response. Coauthor of more than fifty technical articles and one other book, Zulfikar is a frequent speaker on his areas of expertise: theoretical and practical aspects of information security and cryptography.
- Author(s)Markus Jakobsson,Zulfikar Ramzan
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication06/04/2008
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAddison-Wesley Educational Publishers Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight953 g
- Width178 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine29 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.