Criminal Justice Management: Theory and Practice in Justice Centered Organizations by Mary K. Stohr, Peter A. Collins (Paperback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $71.73Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $68.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCriminal justice students and practitioners in criminal justice agencies kw first-hand the value of effective management; they understand the vital need to develop organizations that meet the expectations of their community members, as well as those of their workers. Employing an invative, student-friendly approach, this fully-updated second edition of Criminal Justice Management: Theory and Practice in Justice-Centered Organizations examines the complex subjects associated with operating justice-centered agencies. Authors Mary K. Stohr and Peter A. Collins interweave their comprehensive research with humor and personal anecdotes to make the study of criminal justice management accessible - and interesting - to students. Chapter exercises and study questions provide a springboard for lively class discussion, encouraging students to discover relevant applications for these provocative topics. Through its dedicated pedagogy, this text challenges readers to: * initiate human relations management practices, * develop and maintain strong ethical practices, * provide support for the professional development of staff, * use proactive, collaborative and shared responsibility forms of leadership, * implement evidence-based best practices in agency programming, * build strong bridges within an engaged and informed community. With an emphasis on putting theory into practice, Criminal Justice Management is an invaluable resource for the development of efficient, dynamic, and resourceful justice-centered agencies. It is perfect reading for criminal justice students, particularly those looking to enter a career in the criminal justice sector.
- Author BiographyMary K. Stohr is a professor in the Department of Criminal Justice at Washington State University. She earned her PhD (1990) in political science, with specializations in criminal justice and public administration, from Washington State University. Previously she worked at Missouri State, Boise State and at New Mexico State Universities for a total of 23 years. Before academe Stohr worked in an adult male prison in Washington state as a correctional officer (for less than a year) and as a correctional counselor (for about two years). Stohr has published over 80 academic works of one sort or another in the areas of correctional organizations and operation, correctional personnel, inmate needs and assessment, program evaluation, gender, and victimization. Peter A. Collins is an Assistant Professor in the Criminal Justice Department at Seattle University. He received his Ph.D. in criminal justice from Washington State University in 2011 with specializations in corrections, cost-benefit and evaluation research, and criminal justice organizations. His research interests include criminal rehabilitation, substance abuse issues, community corrections and criminal reentry, the intersection of criminological theory and public policy analysis, criminal justice management and organizations, and criminology within the context of popular culture.
- Author(s)Mary K. Stohr,Peter A. Collins
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication05/12/2013
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note7 black & white illustrations, 6 black & white tables, 3 black & white halftones, 4 black & white line drawings
- Weight566 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.47New
- AU $65.12Used
- AU $78.93New
- AU $105.86New
- AU $75.86Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.54Trending at AU $23.16
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.66
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.12
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.70
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $88.09
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $82.63
- AU $21.54Trending at AU $23.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.