Criminal Law for the Criminal Justice Professional by Norman M. Garland (Paperback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $313.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $107.93+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this third edition of Criminal Law for the Criminal Justice Professional, Norman M. Garland - through his multiple perspectives as a Professor of Law, a former criminal defense attorney, and a former prosecutor - presents a comprehensive introduction to the basic criminal law structure at the heart of the criminal justice system in the United States. Straightforward yet analytical, the text aims at delivering to students a timely overview of the state of American criminal law in the global and volatile climate of the twenty-first century. Instructors and students can w access their course content through the Connect digital learning platform by purchasing either standalone Connect access or a bundle of print and Connect access. McGraw-Hill Connect[registered] is a subscription-based learning service accessible online through your personal computer or tablet. Choose this option if your instructor will require Connect to be used in the course. Your subscription to Connect includes the following: SmartBook[registered] - an adaptive digital version of the course textbook that personalizes your reading experience based on how well you are learning the content; access to your instructor's homework assignments, quizzes, syllabus, tes, reminders, and other important files for the course; progress dashboards that quickly show how you are performing on your assignments and tips for improvement; and, the option to purchase (for a small fee) a print version of the book.
- Author BiographyNorman M. Garland is a professor of law at Southwestern Law School in Los Angeles, where he teaches evidence, constitutional criminal procedure, advanced criminal procedure, and trial advocacy. He received his B.S.B.A. from Northwestern University, his J.D. from Northwestern University School of Law, and his L.L.M. from Georgetown Law Center where he was an E. Barrett Prettyman Fellow in trial advocacy. Professor Garland is a member of the Illinois, District of Columbia, and California Bars. He has had 10 years of trial experience as a criminal defense attorney, mainly in federal felony cases. In 1968, he joined the faculty of Northwestern University School of Law where he helped establish the Northwestern University Legal Clinic. He joined the faculty of Southwestern Law School in 1975 to help establish the Southwestern Conceptual Approach to Legal Education (SCALE). In the mid-1980s, he spent two summers as a deputy district attorney in Ventura County, California, where he gained experience as a prosecutor. He is coauthor of Advanced Criminal Procedure in a Nutshell (2d ed., West 2006), Criminal Evidence (6th ed., McGraw-Hill 2010), and Exculpatory Evidence (3d ed., LexisNexis 2004). He has also authored a number of computer interactive lessons for law students available through the Center for Computer-Assisted Legal Instruction (CALI).
- Author(s)Norman M. Garland
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/07/2011
- SubjectNational Law: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw Hill Higher Education
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight728 g
- Width180 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.30New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.36New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.