Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.82Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
About this product
- DescriptionCriminal Litigation is a comprehensive guide to the evidential and procedural rules and skills of criminal litigation and advocacy. The manual provides effective practice kwledge of the fundamental elements of criminal procedure, with an emphasis on client care issues. It discusses the role of the solicitor at all stages of the criminal process, where the case is disposed of in either the District Court or the Superior Courts. Procedure is explained from both a prosecution and a defence perspective, beginning with arrest and proceeding to trial and beyond, in a sequential manner that reflects the criminal justice process. The law on regulatory crime sometimes referred to as white collar or corporate crime is distinguished, at a time when legislation in this area is being enacted. This third edition has been extensively revised to include new chapters on regulatory crime, bail law and the European arrest warrant procedure. It is essential reading for trainee solicitors on the Professional Practice Course, and an excellent resource for Irish legal practitioners and other actors in the criminal justice system. Online Resource Centre Changes and developments in the area will be covered by regular updates to the Online Resource Centre.
- Author BiographyMaura Butler, BA (Legal Science), LLB, Dip EL, Dip Criminological Studies, MSc IT Education, qualified as a solicitor in 1985 and practised as a criminal defence advocate. She is the course manager for Criminal Litigation, Criminal Advocacy and Corporate Crime at the Law Society of Ireland.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication02/02/2012
- SubjectNational Law: Professional
- Series TitleLaw Society of Ireland Manuals
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Out-of-print date26/10/2016
- Weight866 g
- Width208 mm
- Height290 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byMaura Butler
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.