All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $61.76
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.40
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $52.72
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $34.94
About this product
- DescriptionThis straightforward introduction to criminal procedure combines case excerpts with clear, detailed legal discussion and analysis to equip readers with a solid understanding of the field. Widely acclaimed author Dr. Joel Samaha is kwn for his unique ability to help readers grasp the complexities of law by clearly and carefully presenting all sides of an issue. The exciting new Eighth Edition addresses the entire criminal procedure process--from search and seizure to post-conviction sentencing and review by appellate courts--while providing new or expanded coverage of such key issues as terrorism/homeland security, the USA-PATRIOT Act, searches and seizures, military tribunals, recent changes to sentencing guidelines, and more.
- Author BiographyJoel Samaha is University Distinguished Teaching Professor of Sociology at the University of Minnesota, where he teaches Criminal Law and Criminal Procedure. He received his B.A. (History), J.D., and Ph.D. (History) from Northwestern University and studied under Sir Geoffrey Elton at Cambridge University, England. Professor Samaha was admitted to the Illinois Bar, briefly practiced law in Chicago, and then taught at UCLA. In 1971, he joined the University of Minnesota, where he served as Chair of the Department of Criminal Justice Studies for four years, taught television and radio courses in criminal justice, co-taught a National Endowment for the Humanities seminar in legal and constitutional history, was named College of Liberal Arts Distinguished Teacher in 1974, and named University Distinguished Teaching Professor in 2007. Professor Samaha's works have appeared in Historical Journal, American Journal of Legal History, Minnesota Law Review, William Mitchell Law Review, and Journal of Social History.
- Author(s)Joel Samaha
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication31/01/2011
- SubjectNational Law: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBelmont, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWadsworth Publishing Co Inc
- Weight1066 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edition StatementInternational ed of 8th Revised ed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.