All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLoic Wacquant's writings have shaken the world of crimilogy - and social science more generally - to their very foundations with a wide-ranging critique of the neo-liberal government of crime and poverty, the shift from the 'welfare' to the 'workfare' and 'penal' states and of the predicament of 'advanced marginality' in late modernity. Wacquant's analyses of the 'porgraphic' discourses of law, order and security contaminating democratic politics on a global scale have become a necessary reference point for crimilogists and social scientists engaged with the politics of criminalisation and penal policy.;This original book is the first to review and draw on Wacquant's work. It presents a critical but constructive review and development of the challenging work of Loic Wacquant, particularly focusing on the governance of crime and disorder; welfare, change inequality and diswelfare. It concludes with chapter from Professor Wacquant responding to the authors' comments and critiques; The book links his work on the neo-liberal transformation of social policy and therefore fills an important gap in the existing literature which will be exciting reading for academics and students of crimilogy, social policy and social sciences more broadly.
- Author BiographyPeter Squires is a professor of criminology and public policy in the School of Applied Sciences at the University of Brighton. John Lea is a visiting professor of criminology in the Department of Sociology and Social Policy at the University of Brighton.
- PublisherPolicy Press
- Date of Publication01/05/2013
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPolicy Press
- Weight340 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byJohn Lea,Peter Squires
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.85Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.