All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDesigned for upper-level senior and graduate crimilogical theory courses, this text thoroughly examines the ideas and assumptions underlying each major theoretical perspective in crimilogy. It lays bare theorists' ideas about human nature, social structure, social order, concepts of law, crime and criminals, the logic of crime causation and the policies and criminal justice practices that follow from these premises. The book provides students with a clear critical, analytic overview of crimilogical theory that enable enformed evaluative comparisons among different theorists.
- Author BiographyWerner J. Einstadter is professor emeritus of criminology and sociology at Eastern Michigan University. He has published works on robbery, critical theory, privacy and corrections. Prior to his academic career, Dr. Einstadter held a number of positions in correctional settings. Stuart Henry is a professor of criminology and Director of the School of Public Administration and Urban Studies at San Diego State University. Previously he was Chair of Interdisciplinary Studies at Wayne State University. His twenty two books include,Constitutive Criminology (with Dragan Milovanovic), and (with Mark Lanier) What is Crime? (2001),Essential Criminology(2004), andThe Essential Criminology Reader. He serves on the editorial boards ofTheoretical Criminology andCritical Criminology and is a member of the Board of Directors of the Association of Integrative Studies.
- Author(s)Stuart Henry,Werner Einstadter
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication28/05/2006
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1089 g
- Width190 mm
- Height261 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.