All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWritten by Peter Joyce, who is a current crimilogy lecturer and a leading researcher, Crimilogy - A complete introduction is designed to give you everything you need to succeed, all in one place. It covers the key areas that students are expected to be confident in, outlining the basics in clear jargon-free English, and then providing added-value features like summaries of key books, and even lists of questions you might be asked in your seminar or exam. The book uses a structure that mirrors many university courses on crimilogy - starting with definitions of crime, then examining why people commit crime, and how crime can be prevented and detected. Later chapters hone in on the criminal justice system itself, examining the role of the police, the courts and prisons. This book is unique for its comparative approach to crimilogy, enabling students to understand crimilogy in the context of the UK, the US and further afield. Teach Yourself titles employ the 'Breakthrough method', which is designed specifically to overcome problems that students face. - Problem: I find it difficult to remember what I've read. ; Solution: this book includes end-of-chapter questions and summaries, and flashcards of key points available on-line and as apps - Problem: Most books mention important other sources, but I can never find them in time. ; Solution: this book includes key texts and case studies are summarised, complete with fully referenced quotes ready to use in your essay or exam. - Problem: Lots of introductory books turn out to cover totally different topics than my course. ; Solution: this book is written by a current university lecturer who understands what students are expected to kw.
- Author BiographyDr Peter Joyce (Manchester, England) is Principal Lecturer in Criminology at Manchester Metropolitan University. He has published widely in criminology, and his specialist interests are criminal justice policy, policing, and the protest of protest. He writes a regular column for the ACPO journal, Policing Today.
- Author(s)Peter Joyce
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication30/11/2012
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTeach Yourself Books
- Weight272 g
- Width130 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.44Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $89.84
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $21.95
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.37
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.59
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.01
- AU $40.67Trending at AU $41.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.