All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA comprehensive introduction to the study of crime and criminals Crimilogy, forensics, and detective work have found their way into the television programming of every major network, and crime books are bestseller-list perennials. This unique beginner's guide gives readers a better understanding of how law enforcement officials investigate crime and explore the dark recesses of the criminal mind. It takes them deep into the world of crime, exploring the reasons for crime and the consequences that follow, society's response to it, and how we can prevent it. This book serves as a course supplement to those pursuing a career in crimilogy as well as a you-are-there account for fans of police and detective shows and true crime books.
- Author BiographySteven Briggs is a career prosecutor and nationally recognized lecturer on law enforcement and criminal law topics. He has trained many organizations, including the National District Attorneys Association, the National White Collar Crime Center, and the Russian-American Rule of Law Consortium. He is also an adjunct professor of criminal justice.
- Author(s)Steven Briggs
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication25/09/2009
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, figures
- Weight580 g
- Width186 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.