All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents a summary of the key ideas that seek to explain criminal behaviour and the measures that have been developed to prevent crime. A broad overview of the criminal justice system is provided in order to explain the operations of the key criminal justice agencies and the processes that are involved in bringing offenders to justice. Readers are encouraged to develop the basic kwledge they have obtained in these areas by tackling a number of questions, making use of additional reading of key texts suggested in the book. Attention is devoted to key sources from which information regarding crime and the criminal justice system can be explained. Good practice regarding the presentation and assessment of written work is also provided, in particular in connection with referencing. Readers are also introduced to the wide variety of methods that can be used to carry out crimilogical research and are invited to engage in exercises that include the marking of sample essays and the design of a questionnaire.
- Author BiographyPeter Joyce is Principal Lecturer in Sociology at Manchester Metropolitan University. He is an experienced and successful textbook author, and the author of Criminal Justice: an introduction to crime and the criminal justice system, also published by Willan Publishing.
- Author(s)Peter Joyce
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/05/2009
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCullompton
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWillan Publishing
- Weight589 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.