All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCrisis resolution and home treatment teams respond rapidly to people experiencing mental health crises and offer an alternative to hospital admission. They are an increasingly important component of mental health care and are adopted by many health care systems around the world. This practical and pioneering book describes the evidence for the effectiveness of such teams, the principles underpinning them, how to set up and organise them, how patients should be assessed and what types of care the teams should offer. Other topics covered include integration of crisis teams with in-patient, community residential and day care services, the service users' experiences of crisis teams, and responding to diversity in home treatment. This book is essential reading for all policy makers, service managers and mental health workers interested in establishing or operating crisis resolution and home treatment services, as well as for researchers and students seeking to understand this model.
- Author BiographySonia Johnson is Reader in Social and Community Psychiatry at the Department of Mental Health Sciences, University College London. Justin Needle is Research Fellow at the Centre for Allied Health Professions Research, City University, London. Jonathan P. Bindman is Clinical Director of Lambeth Hospital, South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust, London. Graham Thornicroft is Professor of Community Psychiatry and Head of the Health Service and Population Research Department, Institute of Psychiatry, King's College London.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication31/07/2008
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note3 b/w illus. 14 tables
- Weight570 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byGraham Thornicroft,Jonathan P. Bindman,Justin Needle,Sonia Johnson
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.74
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.18
- AU $40.71Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.