All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionWhat does 'care' mean in contemporary society? How are caring relationships practised in different contexts? What resources do individuals and collectives draw upon in order to care for, care with and care about themselves and others? How do such relationships and practices relate to broader social processes? Care shapes people's everyday lives and relationships and caring relations and practices influence the ecomies of different societies. This interdisciplinary book takes a nuanced and context-sensitive approach to exploring caring relationships, identities and practices within and across a variety of cultural, familial, geographical and institutional arenas. Grounded in rich empirical research and discussing key theoretical, policy and practice debates, it provides important, yet often neglected, international and cross-cultural perspectives. It is divided into four sections covering: caring within educational institutions; caring amongst communities and networks; caring and families; and caring across the life-course. Contributing to broader theoretical, philosophical and moral debates associated with the ethics of care, citizenship, justice, relationality and entanglements of power, Critical Approaches to Care is an important work for students and academics studying caring and care work in the fields of health and social care, sociology, social policy, anthropology, education, human geography and politics.
- Author BiographyChrissie Rogers is a Reader in Education and Director of the Childhood and Youth Research Institute at Anglia Ruskin University, UK. Susie Weller is a Senior Research Fellow in the Families & Social Capital Research Group at London South Bank University, UK.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/06/2012
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleRelationships and Resources
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1 black & white tables
- Weight476 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byChrissie Rogers,Susie Weller
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.