All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.13Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionCritical Event Studies is a growing field, t just within event management and event studies, but across the traditional and digital social sciences. This volume -with contributions from a range of international scholars- is the first to consider the wide variety of research approaches being used by academics from around the world, whose interests lie within the reach of this emerging field. Each chapter uses one or more case examples to present and discuss different methodological approaches applicable to research within critical event studies. Students and academics alike will find inspiration and critical reflection on methodology that can support their own projects.
- Author BiographyIan R Lamond is Senior Lecturer in Events at Leeds Beckett University, UK with a background in community theatre, arts development and cultural and political activism. His research interests include critical events studies; event theory, discourse and the body; critical discourse studies; social philosophy; political communication; and political sociology. Louise Platt is Senior Lecturer in Festivals and Events Management at Manchester Metropolitan University, UK, where she is a programme leader for Events Management. She has a background the performing arts sector. Her research interests include mundane leisure practice and urban cultural events.
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication24/06/2016
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleLeisure Studies in a Global Era
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note4 black & white illustrations, 10 colour illustrations, 8 black & white tables, biography
- Weight560 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byIan R. Lamond,Louise Platt
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.