Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $74.74
- AU $32.26Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.46
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.65
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.44
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.36
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.46
About this product
- DescriptionChallenging the current state of public education and teacher preparation, this book argues for a re-imagination of teacher education through a critical feminist and critical education perspective. Offering a rich discussion of the promise and pedagogy of self-reflexivity and testimonio, which emerges from critical feminism, this book brings together theory and practice in critical feminism, critical education, and testimonio to serve as a platform in which to reconceptualize the philosophy of traditional teacher education, arguing that too many programs prepare teachers who often preserve, rather than challenge, the status quo.
- Author BiographyJennifer Gale de Saxe is Assistant Professor of Education, Lewis and Clark College, USA.
- Author(s)Jennifer Gale De Saxe
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication09/05/2016
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Series TitleRoutledge Research in Teacher Education
- Series Part/Volume Number8
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight385 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.