All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPervasive healthcare is an emerging research discipline, focusing on the development and application of pervasive and ubiquitous computing techlogy for healthcare and wellness. Pervasive healthcare seeks to respond to a variety of pressures on healthcare systems, including the increased incidence of life-style related and chronic diseases, emerging consumerism in healthcare, need for empowering patients and relatives for self-care and management of their health, and need to provide seamless access for healthcare services, independent of time and place. Pervasive healthcare may be defined from two perspectives. First, it is the development and application of pervasive computing (or ubiquitous computing, ambient intelligence) techlogies for healthcare, health and wellness management. Second, it seeks to make healthcare available to anyone, anytime, and anywhere by removing locational, time and other restraints while increasing both the coverage and quality of healthcare. This book proposes to define the emerging area of pervasive health and introduce key management principles, most especially kwledge management, its tools, techniques and techlogies. In addition, the book takes a socio-technical, patient-centric approach which serves to emphasize the importance of a key triumvirate in healthcare management namely, the focus on people, process and techlogy. Last but t least the book discusses in detail a specific example of pervasive health, namely the potential use of a wireless techlogy solution in the monitoring of diabetic patients.
- Author BiographyNilmini Wickramasinghe, who currently holds the Epworth Chair Health Information Management was appointed in Dec 2009 as a Professor to RMIT University's School of Business IT and Logistics after being a professor in the US for 15 years. She researches and teaches in several areas within information systems including knowledge management, e-commerce and m-commerce, and organizational impacts of technology with particular focus on the applications of these areas to healthcare and thereby effecting superior healthcare delivery. Professor Wickramasinghe is well published with more than 200 referred scholarly articles, several books and an encyclopedia. She has collaborated with many large organizations such as NASA and GE as well as leading healthcare organizations such as the Cleveland Clinic, Johns Hopkins, Kaiser and NorthWestern Memorial Hospital. In addition, she regularly presents her work throughout North America, as well as in Europe and Australia. Professor Wickramasinghe is the editor-in-chief of two scholarly journals: International Journal of Networking and Virtual Organisations (IJNVO - www.inderscience.com/ijnvo ) and International Journal of Biomedical Engineering and Technology (IJBET- www.inderscience.com/ijbet) and the Springer Series editor for Healthcare Delivery in the Information Age.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication25/01/2014
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Series TitleHealthcare Delivery in the Information Age
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note26 black & white tables, biography
- Weight640 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byNilmini Wickramasinghe,Rajeev Bali,Reima Suomi,Stefan Kirn
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $191.05New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.