All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFocusing on a number of key issues facing today's crisis negotiation community, Critical Issues in Crisis Negotiations takes a detailed look at how negotiators can better prepare themselves for the many types of incidents they can expect to face. The topics discussed range from stress responses faced by negotiators in their ever demanding and increasingly dangerous work and how to mitigate them, to the key negotiation factors to be considered when responding to a possible terrorist or serious criminal incident. Includes: The key strategic considerations of an Incident Commander when responding to critical and high risk incidents. Key safety elements that must be considered when deciding on an appropriate means of communication. The importance of a team approach in responding to a critical and high-risk incident. Ways that psychiatric factors can be a strong driving force in any situation.
- Author BiographyPete Morgan has been a serving police officer for over 32 years. He was a hostage negotiator for over 24 years and unit Chief for more than 12 years. He has lectured widely on negotiation related matters and has spoken at a number of international conferences. Peter is also an Honorary Associate Fellow with the Hong Kong Centre for Suicide Research and Prevention (CSRP).
- Author(s)Peter R Morgan
- Date of Publication02/01/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight159 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $23.03New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.88Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.28Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $25.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.