All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn recent decades the concept of kinship has been challenged and reinvigorated by the so-called repatriation of anthropology and by the influence of feminist studies, queer studies, adoption studies, and science and techlogy studies. These interdisciplinary approaches have been further developed by increases in infertility, reproductive travel, and the emergence of critical movements among transnational adoptees, all of which have served to question how kinship is w practiced. Critical Kinship Studies brings together theoretical and disciplinary perspectives and analytically sensitive perspectives aiming to explore the manifold versions of kinship and the ways in which kinship rms are enforced or challenged. The Rowman and Littlefield International - Intersections series presents an overview of the latest research and emerging trends in some of the most dynamic areas of research in the Humanities and Social Sciences today. Critical Kinship Studies should be of particular interest to students and scholars in Anthropology, Sociology, Cultural Studies, Medical Humanities, Politics, Gender and Queer Studies and Globalization.
- Author BiographyCharlotte Krolokke is Professor in the Department for the Study of Culture at the University of Southern Denmark. Lene Myong is Associate Professor at The Danish School of Education, Aarhus University. Stine Willum Adrian is an Associate Professor at the Department of Learning and Philosophy at Aalborg University. Tine Tjornhoj-Thomsen is a Professor of Anthropology at the Danish National Institute of Public Health (NIPH) in the Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Southern Denmark.
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield International
- Date of Publication18/12/2015
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleRowman and Littlefield International - Intersections
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield International
- Content Note3 black & white illustrations
- Weight690 g
- Width160 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edited byCharlotte Krolokke,Lene Myong,Stine Willum Adrian,Tine Tjornhoj-Thomsen
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $199.00Trending at AU $201.75
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $64.70Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.37
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $92.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.